UW Badger Basketball
Wisconsin vs Iowa
TV: Big Ten Network
Time: Wed. 7:30 PM CT
Location: Kohl Center, Madison,WI
(No live blog today but we will be back for the Illinois game and all of the post-season games.)
1. The Badgers are 21-7 and ranked 17th in the nation this week,Iowa is not ranked and is 10-19 overall and 4-12 in the conference. Iowa is not a good team however they have won the battle of the doormat teams defeating Indiana twice,and Northwestern and Penn State at home.
2. Iowa Starts Aaron Fuller and Jarryd Cole at the forwards and Matt Gatens,Cully Payne, and Eric May at the guards. The leading scorer is Matt Gatens at 12.7 points per game, however he went off for a career high 25 in their last game. Freshman center Brennon Cougill leads the effort off the bench at 4.3 points per game, however he has been even less of a factor of late.
3. It is senior night making this the last game at the Kohl Center for Trevon Hughes and Jason Bohannon, the Badgers will be looking to send them out in style.
Badger Game Preview - Fast Break Keys to the Game:
1. The Badgers need to continue to integrate Jon Leuer back into the offense.
2. Get more minutes for Rob Wilson and Ryan Evans as they will be needed at some point in the post season.
3. Don't let this game turn into garbage time, the team needs these game minutes to keep getting strong for March Madness.
(sorry for the shortness of the preview, but they are playing Iowa)
Badger Game Preview Prediction:
The Badgers will jump all over the weak Hawkeyes with a 70-45 win and send the seniors out in style. In this win look for Mike B. to have a strong contribution off the bench.