Wisconsin vs Penn State
TV: Big Ten Network
Time: Sunday, 1:30 PM CT
Location: Kohl Center, Madison WI
First Easy Trey:
1. The Badgers are 15-4 and ranked 19th in the nation, Penn State is unranked at 8-10 and 0-6 in the Big Ten . The Badgers beat Penn State in Happy Valley 63-46 and were led by Trevon's 18 points. Penn State is the only team in the Big Ten without a win in conference play, besides the Badgers they have lost to Minnesota,Illinois,Iowa,Indiana and Michigan.
2. Penn State starts Tom Pritchard, and Christian Watford as the forwards and at the guards Jeremiah Rivers,Verdell Jones and Jordan Hulls. Senior guard Devan Dumes is the top player off the bench and scored 15 points in their last game to Indiana. Sophmore guard Verdell Jones leads the team in scoring average at 13.4 points per game.
3. Penn State has lost 11 straight games to the Badgers and has never won in the Kohl Center, their last win in Madison was in 1995. It is hard to remember sometimes that the Badgers had streaks as bad as eleven straight losses to teams, that was always a frustrating stat to hear about before a game. Bo Ryan will have his 100th Big Ten win if trends continue.
Badgers Fast Break Keys to the Game:
1. Get looks from inside for easy points, repeat, practice and repeat. With the loss of Jon Leuer the Badgers have been struggling to work the ball down low, they need to start out the game driving to the hoop and passing down low. Taylor has really pressed as a member of the starting lineup but he is a good job of continuing to drive, the runners just haven't been falling. One key might be to get the other young players down low such as Evans,Wilson, and Mike B.. Evans in particular looks good on drives to the hoop, while Evans seems to have pretty good hands down low.
2. The Badgers need to shoot better than they have in recent games. While we talk about the Badgers getting easier shots down low the fact is that they have gotten a lot of open threes that they haven't knocked down. JBo and Nankivil had a brutal game from three point range in the win against Michigan, many of those shots were open and ones they can and should make.
3. In the first half against Michigan the Badgers did a poor job of drawing fouls, in the second half they did much better and won. Bo Ryan ball has always been predicated on taking foul shots and making them, this team has making them down as they lead the Big Ten in free throw shooting percentage (.745) the problem is they don't always get to the line. In order to win Big Ten games the Badgers need to get to the line.
Final Thought / Prediction:
We aren't to sure if the Badgers offense will improve in this game, however the one thing we do know is they will still be playing defense which equals a win against Penn State 64-60 and Bo Ryan's 100th Big Ten win.