Wisconsin vs Michigan
TV: Big Ten Network
Time: 7:30 PM CT
Location: Kohl Center, Madison WI
Live game blog will be coming up as well.
First Easy Trey:
1. The Badgers are 14-4 and ranked 19th in the nation, Michigan is unranked at 10-7 and and 3-2 in the Big Ten . Michigan has beaten Penn State, Indiana and Ohio State without Evans and lost to Indiana and Northwestern. Michigan is coming off of a 68-63 home win against Uconn that dropped the Huskies out of the top 25.
2. The Wolverines start 4 guards with Zach Novak,Stu Douglas,Manny Harris, and Laval-Lucas Perry and joining them at the forward spot is DeShawn Sims. Harris and Sims lead the scoring attack, and the Wolverines get little contribution from their bench this year.
3. Michigan has not won at the Kohl Center in over a decade. The Wolverines last loss at the Kohl Center was March 1st of last year 60-55.
Badgers Fast Break Keys to the Game:
1. The Badgers need to have their guards shoot the ball better now that this game is on the home court. In the loss to Ohio Stat Taylor went 0-5 from deep and JBo went 2-6. The Badgers have been taking a lot of three point shots with the loss of Leuer and his inside game, so now they need to make those shots. Some will say that the Badgers need to get inside more which is true but it is undeniable they will be taking more threes and when they are open looks from good ball movement they need to go down.
2. The Badgers only shot 5 free throws in the loss to Ohio State an insane number for a Badger team. The 5 free throws were a result of the Badgers not having Leuer and abandoning attacking the post. The Badgers might be short a big on offense right now, however the guards need to do a better job of drawing fouls by driving to the hoop.
3. The Wolverines don't have much of a bench, while the Badgers bench lost its best player with the promotion of Taylor the Badgers bench needs to produce on offense. This is a great game for the Badgers bench players in the rotation to have a breakout game, the game is at home which is always a better recipe for success for young players like Evans and Mike B. We look for Mike B. to break out a little in this game with 6 points, and another 8 for Evans.
Final Thought / Prediction:
This is a home game that the Badgers will win 62-52 as the Badgers guards get back on track at home.