Wisconsin vs Purdue
TV: Big Ten Network
Time: 12:30 PM CT
Location: Kohl Center in Madison
First Easy Trey:
1. The Badgers are 12-3 and ranked 20th in the nation, Purdue is 14-0 and ranked number 4 in the country.
2. Purdue is a senior and junior led team. Guard Chris Kramer is a big time defensive stopper. Purdue starts Robbie Hummel and JaJuan Johnson at the forward spots and Keaton Grant, E'Twaun Moore,and Chris Kramer as the guards.
3. The Badgers lost both of their games to Purdue last year and have never beaten the Purdue junior class.
Badgers Fast Break Keys to the Game:
1. The Badgers need to do a better job on the boards than they did against Michigan State, they have to win this stat. Against Michigan State the Badgers lost the battle of the boards 38 to 23, they also gave up 10 MSU offensive boards.
2. The Badgers need to shoot the basketball at their season averages, not the way that they did against MSU. This goes without saying, you don't win to many basketball games shooting in the low 30% range from the field and 20% range from three and win. To do this the Badgers need to be able to run the swing into the paint, this is something that did not happen against Michigan State in the second half. The Spartans did a great job of working hard at not letting the Badgers drive down low and kick back out, Purdue I am sure picked up on this. The Badgers also need to get Jason Bohannon some good looks from three point range early to test if he is hot, JBo seemed to be shooting the ball well in the last game but didn't get enough shot attempts before the late part of the second half.
3. The students are still on break so the older fans need to provide the energy for the Badgers to have the home court advantage that they thrive on. The good news is this is a prime time game so this has a chance of happening.