Final Score Wisconsin 79 - Grambling State 46
1. No let down on the early Saturday game at the Kohl Center by the Badgers, sure they trailed at one point unlike leading all the way over Duke but it was only 4 to 3 Grambling. After the Badgers got down very early they hit the gas and didn't let up until the final minutes when Bo completely cleared the bench minus Ian Markolf. Unless there is something we missed about Ian not being on the team anymore you have to question if he is a silent red shirt or if he is that in the dog house.
2. Trevon Hughes has clearly stepped up his game in his senior year, he filled the stat sheet again getting 20 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists in only 27 minutes of play. There was one negative in this game for Hughes as he did have 4 turnovers which would have been a big problem against Duke, but not Grambling.
3. Bo probably surprised a few people with the minutes he gave to the young players and which ones. You would have thought with Ryan Evans strong game against Duke he might have seen more action but he only played 11 minutes while Rob Wilson got 19 minutes and Berggren got 10, Mike B. got 7 for those keeping track.
4. The Badgers again shot the ball well hitting 60% of there shots overall and 50% of their three point attempts, which is maybe the best sign of all. Bohannon in particular at least for one game came out of his slump hitting on 3 of his 4 three pointers, he finished the day with 11 points.
5. It has to be emphasized that overall the guard play has been high the last week and this game was know exception as Hughes and Bohannon both had good games as discussed and in addition Taylor scored 11 points on 5 of 6 shooting in 21 minutes of play. If the Badgers continue to get this sort of play from their guards look out because they are a legit threat as a team then. You combine the guard play with the inside / outside game of Leuer and the improved play of Nankivil and this team is a talented dangerous team, not a team winning as some think with smoke and mirrors. Good guard play and a good inside game plus defensive experts and hustle guys like Evans and Mike B. equals a top 25 team and a team that can beat anyone on a given night.