Wisconsin Score 78 - Maryland 69
Badger Game Fast Break:
1. This was a good trip for the Badgers to Hawaii as they beat the #22 team in the country Maryland in addition to Arizona. Both of these wins will look good on the resume come March and better yet this team really looks to be improving and finding an identity.
2. Jason Bohannon had a tough game against Gonzaga but came back in excellent fashion against Maryland as he found nothing but the bottom of the net on a consistent basis. Bohannon finished with 20 points on 5 of 7 shooting hitting on all but one of his 6 three point tries.
3. Trevon Hughes had an excellent tournament overall and another fine game against Maryland. Hughes played great man defense against the Terrapins leader Vasquez, the best part of the defense was his ability to defend without fouling his man as Vasquez lives at the charity stripe. Hughes finished with 14 points and 6 rebounds which were a product of how hard he was working on both ends of the court.
4. One of the best things to watch in the tournament has been the play of Jon Leuer as it is clear he has really worked effectively on his inside game. The Badgers ability to count on Leuer to hits shots inside was a major factor in this game as they went to him time and again when they needed a good look at the hoop. Look for Leuer to really be a force for the Badgers this year and a major part in keeping the NCAA tournament streak going. Leuer finished with 16 points and 7 boards.
5. Mike Bruesewitz looks like he has officially cracked Bo Ryan's rotation for now as he played a solid 11 minutes. Bruesewitz made more freshman mistakes in this game but also flashed the things that are getting him on the court such as hustle and excellent passing