Game score 38-30 win
(game not nearly as close as final score)
1. Clay came out and responded with a good game, he was clearly better than Brown in this game. The running game was good overall, however there were to many busted run plays from confusion between Tolzien and mostly Brown (Brown lost 1 fumble as well). Clay had 32 carries for 144 yards, he didn't bust a real long one, but he did a good job overall of not settling for losses or one yard runs.
2. Again you need to give a hand to the young linebackers Taylor and Boreland, both had excellent games for freshman for yet another game.
3. Aaron Henry had a good game as did the rest of the secondary, they completely shut down White. Dell is clearly the more talented Michigan State receiver, but they kept him in check as well.
4. Scott Tolzien again proved why he is the starting QB, he had 0 turnovers and made some really pretty throws on key downs. Tolzien was 19-31 for 243 yards and 4 touchdowns making plays when they needed to be made. One of the things you really need to like about Tolzien is the way he stands in the pocket, and delivers the ball well when he is going to take a big hit. Tolzien doesn't take big sacks like the QB's last year, night and day the QB play this year vs. last year.
5. Toon... Toon... Toon... keep saying it because he is becoming a big weapon. Toon had 3 catches for 45 yards and one touchdown.
6. Chryst always likes to use the tight ends, and with Kendricks and Garrett Graham he probably has the best combination of true tight ends at Wisconsin in a very long time. Graham picks up 3 touchdowns on the day, Lance Kendricks no less important.
7. What could be a big difference maker as Big Ten play continues is the return of the Badgers having big receivers who can block down field. You will see a couple of key long run plays that happen this year because of the blocking of Toon and Anderson (Anderson had a nice game today as well, 3 catches for 66 yards to lead the UW in receiving).
8. (went for 2) The Badgers lead the Big Ten in take aways with 12, this is a sign of a team that can make some noise in the Big Ten. You combine the takeaways with solid QB play, big wide receivers, John Clay, and a field goal kicker who can hit one beyond 55 and this team has a shot against any team at least in the Big Ten.
Jump Around 4-0