Badger Game Quick Hits:
1: Six fumbles three lost by the Badgers, Clay fumbled three (lost 1) which makes 4 for the season. For Clay that means some pine time, as you just can't fumble the football that much. The fumbles by Clay seem like mental mistakes, they weren't huge hits. The Badgers can't actually keep Clay out that much in the Big Ten, they need the physical back in the game. Clay did have 12 carries for 70 yards vs Wofford.
2: Curt Phillips led the Badgers in running yards from the QB position, yes he can in fact run. When will he be able to pass enough to play more, it could be fun to watch for sure. Will the Badgers develop sub-packages that take advantage of what Phillips can do now, it almost looks like they need to because he can make the type of plays that win you big games.
3. Scott Tolzien continued his impressive QB play, where was this guy last year (how much could he possibly have improved that he wasn't better than Dustin last year?).
4. Jump around, get very excited because young players Chris Borland and Mike Taylor are exciting football players that are game changers. Borland made an incredible blocked punt for a touchdown, we will try to find the video.
5. The Badgers scored 28 points in the second quarter, the second half though Wofford actually scored more points. This can't keep happening with the defense letting up in the second half, what they got wore down versus Wofford, yes the Badgers had some reserves in but this can't happen.
6. Redshirt freshman back Erik Smith got his first extensive carries of his career with 10 carries for 54 yards. Freshman running back Montee Ball will likely redshirt for the Badgers as there wasn't a chance to get him on the field the first two weeks and this week he was sick (look for Smith to get worked into the offense more).
7. The Badgers wins versus Fresno State and Northern Illinois currently look like fairly quality wins, and the games should have helped a lot in getting ready for the Big Ten season. Say what you will about playing Wofford but it gave the second team guys a chance to play, and we all know that is valuable because injuries happen every year.
Went for 2: Michigan state is up next week at home to start the Big Ten season, they lost this week 33-30 to Notre Dame. Michigan State has now lost two straight, they lost the week before to Central Michigan. My gut says the Irish still aren't that good, and that Michigan beating them doesn't mean much as to how good the Wolverines are.
Badger Fans Jump Around! 3-0